Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I am thankful for....

Good health. Except for a few sick tummies and stuffy noses (oh, and that tonsillectomy), we've enjoyed good health this year.

A sweet husband. I can hardly believe we've been married 8 1/2 years! He gets up in the middle of the night to get me advil if I need it. Doesn't complain a bit when I take the night (or the week) off to sit on the couch and watch Jon and Kate + 8, or whatever dumb show I watch. He'll even do the dishes. He is supportive, helpful and a good dad. I think we make a pretty good team.

The most adorable children in the world. That would be our dinosaur/animal genius and the show-off that comes with a soundtrack and sound effects (he actually will recreate any situation and insert the sound effects as needed). They sometimes drive me CRAZY, but they are really good kids. I am so grateful I get to be their mom.

Our jobs. Dave and I work in industries that have slowed way down, but our jobs are pretty secure. I hope saying that out loud doesn't jinx us now!

The Gospel. Being a mom has helped me realize how important it is to have good values and a strong foundation to help raise my kids. I hope I can be a good example to them and help them understand this too. I'm also grateful for my calling. It's been an incredible experience to teach the Mia Maids in our ward. My testimony has grown so much. I know that Heavenly Father knows and loves each of us.

Our family and friends. We have awesome families. They have helped us so much this year, tending kids, making Halloween costumes, fixing cars, camping, loaning their really nice car, I could go on and on and on. We are also excited for our newest cousins, Talon, Zack and little baby Siggard! The boys love being around all their cousins.

We are very blessed and have lots and lots and lots and lots of things to be grateful for. Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Maryann said...

Sounds like you have had a great year and a lot to be thankful for! Hope next year is just as good for you.