Friday, January 22, 2010

It's Been a While


I've had some things running through my head for several months I've wanted to blog about, I just haven't been able to get to them. I think Dave's been kind of frustrated with me & just posted for us.

A few months ago I picked Jake & Spencer up. In the car I asked Jake how school was, this is our conversation: Mom: "How was your day?" Jake: "Not good!" (in a grumpy voice) M: "How come?" J: "Because I got interupt?' M: "You got interupted? What were you doing?" J: "I tried to go to sleep and they just interupt me!" M: "You tried to sleep at school, and you got interupted?" J: "Yes! I just close my eyes and they want me to do something!" That's right my kindergartener is already sleeping in class, and he's totally okay with that.

Also a few months ago I had a cute conversation with Spencer. Jake and Spencer had a Sharing Time lesson about tithing. Jake came up to me that night and told me he needed to own money. I asked why and Spencer told me it was to pay tithing. "Oh, that's very important isn't it." Spencer then told me, "Mom, in the olden days there was a man who gave all his oxygen for tithing." Wow that's quite a sacrifice!

We've had a lot of fun times last year. I can't believe how fast time flies and how big these kids are growing. I asked Jake to please just stay little. He just laughs and tells me he has to get big so he can drive a car, but he'll still cuddle with me when he's still big. I guess that's all I can ask for.

No comments: